I have been up the West Coast on more than one occasion to see the flowers at the Postberg section of the West Coast National Park.
The West Coast National Park is runs south from the town of Langebaan and wraps itself around the Langebaan lagoon. The main entrance gate is on the R27, but a second gate provides access from Langebaan.
Langebaan includes vital wetlands, and the Park hosts some 250 bird species.
The lagoon itself is split into 3 zones starting from the North:
- Zone A: multi-functional section for most watersports, including motorised boating
- Zone B: sailboats & board sailing
- Zone C: sanctuary area, no access allowed
It also includes the Postberg Nature Reserve which is only open during August 20 September for the flower season.
Where to stay
- Duinepos self-catering chalets
- Abrahamskraal Cottage
- Jo Anne’s Beach Cottage
- Nirvana & Larus houseboats
What to do