If you are supporting a trail runner in this year’s Otter African Trail Run, or are on the Garden Route for any other reason, the 10km Dassie Trail Run is a super opportunity for you to experience the beauty of the area.
The Otter’s Baby Brother, The Dassie Trail Run is taking place on the day of The Otter Run, and is scheduled so that you can enjoy the race and then watch international trail athletes finish the Otter in record time! This is an achievable run for the novice trail runner, and will give you a good taste of the splendor and technical challenges faced by participants running the Otter – The Grail of Trail.
The Dassie 10km, is perfect for athletes who:
- want to be part of South Africa’s most competitive trail run;
- want to be there when world-class athletes cross the Otter finish line;
- are friends and family of an Otter athlete and are keen to get active without missing their Otter heroes finish;
- want to run, but are not ready for the Otter;
- wanted to run the Otter, but didn’t manage to get an entry;
- simply love the trails!
Entries limited to 250 runners. R150 entry fee (includes park entrance fee)