I bought a pair of porno white Specialized Trivent Expert Shoes for road cycling on my Scott Addict R3 road bike.
I have taken them for a few rides and to race Totalsports Terra Firma, and they are extremely comfortable.
They are specifically designed for fast transitions in triathlon, and feature a large loop at the back to help pull them on, two velcro straps — the main one being specially large to easily fasten on the go, and no tongue to avoid it getting in the way when inserting your foot. They also have a clever little loop on the outside of the shoe above the arch which allows you to attach the shoe to the bike with an elastic band, which means you have your shoes already on your bike waiting in transition, and they will not hit the floor as you run out with your bike at the start of the leg.
- Carbon/glass fiber reinforced outsole is directionally rigid for outstanding power transfer
- Performance-enhancing BG contours in the outsole
- Ergonomic, BG High Performance footbed is fully perforated for ventilation and drainage
- Chromed fibers of the carbon outsole act as a heat shield, deflecting road heat even in the hottest riding conditions
- Smooth internal lining for “sockless” riding fit and comfort
- Large heel pull for easy entry and faster shoe changes in transitions
- Arch-mounted webbing loop facilitates pre-mounting shoes in pedals with rubber bands (holding crank arms parallel to ground and shoes flat) for faster transitions
- Replaceable heel tread with internally recessed bolts
- Supple upper with open-air mesh for maximum ventilation
- 3-bolt cleat pattern fits Shimano SPD-SL, Look, Time, and Speedplay cleats
- Approximate weight: 285g (1/2 pair #42)
R2185.00 @ Olympic Cycles
R2515.00 @ CycleFunatic