With Winter setting in fast, and my last Wednesday run with the CRAG crew ending in pitch black, I set out to buy a headlamp specifically for running. My Petzl Tikkina² has since served me for more than 3 years! Check this post to see a headlamp comparison.
I borrowed The French’s Petzl Tikkina² headlamp when I ran the Bat Run. I was suitably impressed by it: it was lightweight and sat comfortably even when I was pounding down Platteklip Gorge, and it gave off an excellent beam of light.
- 23 Lumens
- tiltable beam — useful when braaing
- 2 lighting modes operated with one large, easy to use switch
- IP X4 water-resistant rating 1
- lightweight (44g + 36g batteries = 80g)
- adjustable strap
- 3 x AAA batteries (included)
- battery pack is easy to open
R175.00 @ Cape Union Mart
R182.00 @ Mountain Mail Order
R189.95 @ Outdoor Warehouse
R190.00 @ Sportsmans Warehouse
R199.00 @ Due South