Oh yes! The Freshpak Fitness Festival is one of the highlights on my triathlon calendar: I loved last year’s event! It is an amazing weekend of sport at a beautiful venue. I can feel the clean, cool dam water already!
“The Western Cape’s biggest multisport festival will offer fitness challenges for everyone, from kids, to teens and adults. On the day, contestants can participate in a variety of events including a 3km or 1.5km long swim, a Duathlon (5km run, 20km cycle, 2.5km run), Biathlon (5km run, 20km cycle) and Triathlon (800m swim, 20km cycle, 5km run). These are all open to individual participants or teams. The Fitness Challenge for teens consists of a 2.5km run, 450m swim and 1km run whereas the younger fitness fanatics can participate in the FitKids (1km run, 200m swim, 1 km run) or the Run for Fun (1km).”
- LONG SWIM: 09h00 – 3km or 1.5km
- FIT KIDS: 10h30 – 1km run/ 200m swim/ 1km run
- RUN FOR FUN: 11h20 – 1km
- FITNESS CHALLENGE: 11:45 – 2.5km run/ 450m swim/ 1km run
- DUATHLON: 13h00 – 5km run/ 20km cycle/ 2.5km run
- BIATHLON: 13h00 – 5km run/ 20km cycle
- TRIATHLON: 15h00 – 800m swim/ 20km cycle/ 5km run
We camped at the dam last year. Be warned: the campsite gets noisy! If you actually want to get some sleep you may want to consider booking accommodation elsewhere.