I spent quite a bit of time hunting for a day-pack, and eventually settled on a Deuter “futura” 28 litre daypack.
I have been extremely happy with this day-pack. It has been my only day-pack, and after more than 3 years of regular use it is still in great condition. I like it so much that when it came time to purchase a backpack, I stuck with the brand and invested in a Deuter Aircontact 55+10 Backpack.
- Main compartment and a large bottom compartment, divider can be zipped open creating one large compartment
- Two side mesh pockets, great for stashing water bottles
- Practical external front pocket for small items like: Spork, Opinel knife, compass etc
- Pocket for valuables & keys inside main compartment
- Compression straps to compact pack, and prevent the main zip from taking strain
- Padded waist belt
- Sternum strap
- adjustable shoulder straps with stabiliser straps
- Built-in raincover in zippered compartment underneath pack (works in the snow, too!)
- Hiking pole loops
- It is hydration pack ready
- Material: Ripstop-Nylon / Super-Polytex
- Weight: 1300 g
- Capacity: 28 L
- Dimensions: 54 x 34 x 24 cm
I have fitted a 3 litre Nalgene bladder to the pack.
R899.00 @ Cape Union Mart