There is a very limited range of ladies packs available in South Africa; fortunately deuter has this awesome model: the deuter Aircontact 50+10 SL Backpack is the ladies version of my deuter Aircontact 55+10Backpack.
On average, women’s backs are not quite as long as men’s. The SL carry system is thus slightly shorter than that of Deuter’s standard rucksacks. Consequently, the models in the SL series are the ideal choice, too, for male users with shorter backs.
- built-in raincover
- sternum strap
- pocket on hip belt
- height-adjustable lid extends pack volume by 10L
- compression straps reduce bulk when pack is not full to capacity
- zippered valuables pocket in head
- separate bottom compartment (the divider can be unzipped to create one large compartment to hold large / long items)
- hydration system compatible for 3L (use a Nalgene CXC Rapid Fill 3L bladder)
- lid attachment rings (strap your inflatable sleeping mat here)
The design of this pack has recently been updated and differs slightly from the model I have (new model: new zipper opening on the back, a handy side map compartment).
R1599.00 @ Cape Union Mart
- first Ascent Venus 55 + 10 Backpack (R1199.95 @ Sportsmans Warehouse; R1,399.95 @ Outdoor Warehouse)