I like to think these muffins are fairly healthy. Certainly healthier than the shelf-bought ones with all the chemicals they put in them to extend their shelf-lives.
These Date Muffins are super quick and easy to make, and the dates add just enough sweetness for my taste! I eat them as mid-morning snacks for when my training demands I up my calorie intake.
- 375ml flour
- 80ml sugar
- 12.5ml baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 125ml oil
- 125ml milk
- 100g dates
The trick with muffins is not to over-mix them! Using a big bowl and a big spoon to do the job normally helps in getting it right.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a big mixing bowl
- mix the dates, oil & milk in a blender
- add the eggs & mix
- add liquid to dry ingredients
- mix as little as possible
- bake at 180°C for 12 — 15 minutes in a greased muffin tin